- Release date: February 2020
- Build Number: 16.1.100
- Type: Server Pack Release
PowerFolder Client from v16.0.100 onwards are available only with 64-Bit OpenJDK that results in the unavailability of 32-Bit clients. For the users using 32-Bit clients, we will refer to use the v15 clients in the future.
There is no need to install any extra JAVA on pc as we provide our own JVM for our clients.
- PowerFolder clients v15.X are also compatible with PowerFolder Server v11.X and v14.X
- Upgrading any previous version is possible.
- Clients are compatible with each other from any version.
Upgrading from Version 14.1 or earlier with 32-bit MSI Installer
Solution to upgrade 32-bit MSI installed Client Version 14.1.2 or earlier to avoid message “This program requires Java 6.0 to run” during and after installation:
Precondition: Windows 32-bit with installed (MSI) client 14.1.2 or earlier
Execute msiexec /i PowerFolder_v15.4.100_Installer_x86.msi /quiet
Execute again: msiexec /i PowerFolder_v15.4.100_Installer_x86.msi /quiet
Expected result: Client starts without a warning “This program requires Java 6.0 to run”.
Downgrade Information (optional)
- Re-install the older client version. No more extra steps necessary.
- PFC-3250 - Prevent running multiple client CLOSED
- PFC-3300 - Fix update path of Linux clients with OpenJDK CLOSED
- PFC-3304 - Always use private JAVA CLOSED