- Release date: August 2020
- Build Number: 15.5.100
- Type: Service Pack Release
- PowerFolder clients v15.X are also compatible with PowerFolder Server v11.X and v14.X
- Upgrading any previous version is possible.
- Clients are compatible with each other from any version.
Upgrading from Version 14.1 or earlier with 32-bit MSI Installer
Solution to upgrade 32-bit MSI installed Client Version 14.1.2 or earlier to avoid message “This program requires Java 6.0 to run” during and after installation:
Precondition: Windows 32-bit with installed (MSI) client 14.1.2 or earlier
Execute msiexec /i PowerFolder_v15.4.100_Installer_x86.msi /quiet
Execute again: msiexec /i PowerFolder_v15.4.100_Installer_x86.msi /quiet
Expected result: Client starts without a warning “This program requires Java 6.0 to run”.
Downgrade Information (optional)
- Re-install the older client version. No more extra steps necessary.
- PFC-3285 - Fix rare full re-download by client on read only folders
- PFI-55 - Uninstall should delete the client data under %APPDATA% - Only for EXE-Clients
- PFI-58 - Start with windows login option is now default after update