- Release date: Jan 2019
- Build Number: 11.7.773
- Type: Drop-In
- Please read the complete Release Notes before upgrading.
- The following steps have to be done before upgrading to this version:
- Linux: Please exchange the old PowerFolder-Server.sh file against the new one and add your customized settings into this new script.
- Windows: Please add the following settings in your wrapper.conf file located in %programfiles%/PowerFolder
- The webserver can now get controlled manually. Please look at the new configuration entry. (web.threadpool.min, web.threadpool.max, web.acceptors)
- Please follow the regular upgrade documentation for Windows or Linux
- Upgrading any previous version is possible.
- Cluster: Running different versions on the servers in the cluster is supported but limited to version >= 11.5 when using LDAP.
- Federation API is incompatible to versions below 11.6. Please review our documentation before upgrading.
- For upgrading from a version < 11.4 please read the Upgrade information for the 11.4.565 release.
Mandatory checks before upgrading
- If using the federation new settings are in Preferences to activate the federation or the federated login.
- For the best user experience the update should be done on all federated services at the same time if possible.
- Check if your service is running on an URI. With version 11.7 this is not possible any longer. Only base DNS names are working.
Downgrade information (optional)
- In case a downgrade to a previous version is necessary:
- Version 11.6 is forward and backward compatible to older and newer versions.
- Simply replace the PowerFolder-Server.jar file with that from the previous version you would like to run.
- Downgrading to version 11.6 deactivates the federation functionality. To activate it you have to enable the setting server.federation.login_enabled in configuration file.
- When you are using LDAP authentication and downgrading below version 11.5:
- Enter your PowerFolder.config file before starting the server.
- Delete the entries LDAP.<index>.
- Delete the x in front of the old LDAP configuration entries.
- Log messages due to the higher schema version of database can be ignored:
- You find the documentation below the following links:
- Shortly you can find a link to the updated wikipages.
New configuration entries:
web.imprint.url: Sets the imprint URL in web interface
folders.mount.keep.seconds=120 (default): Sets the time until a mounted folder gets unmounted cause of inactivity in systems with activated dynamic folder mounting.
server.federation.enabled=true (default): Enables the federation functionality or disables it completely.
server.federation.login_enabled=false (default): Enables or disables the federation login function (Redirect to home server when logging in.
web.threadpool.min=0 (default): Set the lowest amount of threads that are kept in thread pool for jetty web server. (Recommended: Not higher than 50, at least value of acceptor * 2 + 10)
web.threadpool.max=254 (default): Sets the maximum allowed threads for the jetty web server thread pool. (Recommended: Not higher than 500)
web.acceptors=2 (default): Sets the amount of acceptors and selectors for the jetty web server. (Recommended: Not higher than available CPU cores - 2)
The following article might help to find the correct values: Optimizing Jetty
server.merge_accounts.ldap.allowed=true (default) Controls if it is allowed to merge LDAP accounts.
server.merge_accounts.shibboleth.allowed=false (default) Controls if it is allowed to merge Shibboleth Accounts.
encrypted_storage.default=true (default) Setting controls if the check box for creating encrypted folders is checked or not by default.
New API calls
- Checks if E-Mail accounts or login IDs are used on different services in federation.
- [PFS-2912] - LDAP attribute sync doesn't work for some attributes
- Release date: Jan 2019
- Build Number: 11.7.771
- Type: Drop-In
- [PFS-3020] - API security issue
- Release date: Nov 2018
- Build Number: 11.7.768
- Type: Drop-In
- [PF-2727] - config.overwrite parameter is interfering with quota assignment
Release date: Nov. 2018
Build Number: 11.7.765
[PF-1733] - LDAP account sync with secondary email during federated invite fails
[PF-1554] - Mapping of usernames in LDAP not working correctly
Release date: Oct. 2018
Build Number: 11.7.756
[PF-1582] - Adding/Removing federated services not compatible with v14
[PF-1514] - Exception from ListenerSupportFactory
Release date: Sep. 2018
Build Number: 11.7.754
Type: Service Pack
[PF-1440] - Updated Java to Version 8 Update 181
[PF-453] - Implement account synchronization between federated services
[PF-1218] - Database access optimization
[PF-611] - Migration of unencrypted data into encrypted vault
[PF-1430] - Improve reaction time of Web-Service
[PF-1200] - Time until folders get unmounted should be configurable
[PF-1195] - Federation has to be active any time not depending on the configuration entry
[PF-1192] - Configurable web performance tunings
[PF-1145] - Deactivating welcome mails is not possible any longer
[PF-1248] - Adds settings to control merging of LDAP or Shibboleth Accounts
[PF-1386] - Remove messages about member ID is NULL
[PF-1178] - Add configuration entry for folder encryption checkbox default value
[PF-1469] - Better mail texts when passing folder ownership
[PF-1209] - Don't check ECP URL for Shibboleth but the MetaData
[PF-1238] - Remove log message to enable broadcast
[PF-1427] - Improve login page de translation
[PF-1479] - Cluster config is written without LDAP configuration
[PF-1110] - Synchronizing files with the client in a federated environment
[PF-1433] - Inviting LDAP user that aren't already imported of LDAP not possible
[PF-1482] - Deleting multiple LDAPs results in wrong deletions
[PF-1432] - Accounts aren't activated when updated from LDAP
[PF-461] - "Default profile requires a server" error message when saving a profile
[PF-1253] - Fixed foreign folder names appearing in folder list
[PF-1131] - Drop client connection if account is de-activated / not longer valid or deleted
[PF-1495] - Quota mapping via profiles Shibboleth accounts not properly working
[PF-1159] - Quota mapping via profiles for LDAP accounts not properly working
[PF-1148] - Upload-Forms can only be created/deleted by owner or admin of folder
[PF-844] - Uploads via Web sometimes not working properly
[PF-1116] - Expiry of login tokens during uploads in classic mobile apps
[PF-1422] - Accounts aren't activated when imported from LDAP