Clients don't activate properly or don't receive any licenses and therefore don't sync. Furthermore you might encounter one of the following messages in the server logs:
- No working license service connection found.
- No connection to any license service possible, please check internet connection and license username/password.
- Test to license key service failed. Response: 401: Unauthorized.
Those errors might have several reasons:
- A firewall is blocking outbound HTTPS (TCP/443) connections from the PowerFolder Server to *.powerfolder.com.
- The https://my.powerfolder.com account used to activate the server might have a changed password.
Depending on the reason, you might try one of the following steps to solve the problem:
- Check if your Server License Account credentials are correct
- Go to https://my.powerfolder.com and login with the account email which holds your license and the according password
- In case you cannot login please reset your password and check if you can login now
- Login as admin to your Server go to Preferences/ General/ Licensing and enter the same Details which you used to succesfully login at https://my.powerfolder.com
- Press save and check if the problem still exists
- Allow outbound connections on HTTPS port 443 (TCP) to *.powerfolder.com or to the following hostnames:
- Check you are able to login to https://my.powerfolder.com with the account specified under Preferences > Licensing in the server web interface. If that's not possible, reset your password for that account at https://my.powerfolder.com and enter the account and new password in your server's web interface under Preferences > Licensing or re-activate your server under your server's URL
https://powerfolder.example.com/activation ( Make sure you replace
powerfolder.example.com with the correct URL of your server). Restart your server afterwards. Click the Test button under Preferences > Licensing to check if the connection succeeds.